The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dc25 air fresheners  (Read 9431 times)

Offline TheCyberShocker

Dc25 air fresheners
« on: September 29, 2017, 07:58:11 pm »
Hiya guys want some air fresheners but where is the best place to stick them to get the most sent out of it :) thank you.

Offline Dysonboy

Re: Dc25 air fresheners
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 08:35:22 pm »
Hi there!
I get the Home Bargains 89p pack of 6, I usually put them inside the two parts of the pre motor filter however Im not sure if you would be able to do that on a dc25? does it have a filter that can seperate the two parts or is it one single filter cone? if its a filter cone then you should be able to either put it inside the filter cone.
Collector and restorer of most vacuum cleaners including vintage, older style models and newer models. Seller of refurbished vacuums and vacuum parts Livin' every day, as if it were the last!

Offline TheCyberShocker

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 09:08:23 pm »
You can get them there? Never thought! It has a pre motor filter which comes out as a small round puck and a post motor filter with that stupid cage and a clip on it :)

Thank you for the reply!

Offline Dysonboy

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 01:35:16 pm »
You can get them there? Never thought! It has a pre motor filter which comes out as a small round puck and a post motor filter with that stupid cage and a clip on it :)

Thank you for the reply!

Just googled your pre filter - just stick one before the filter and you should get the smell come through quite nicely - i always put them before the pre filter on my machines that way it transffers the smell to the pre filter and when it blows through the post filter too.
Collector and restorer of most vacuum cleaners including vintage, older style models and newer models. Seller of refurbished vacuums and vacuum parts Livin' every day, as if it were the last!

Offline TheCyberShocker

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 01:39:21 pm »
Little worried wouldn't it clog the holes for the cyclone?

Offline Dysonboy

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 04:51:56 pm »
Little worried wouldn't it clog the holes for the cyclone?
Depends wether you just drop it in or line it up. I've never had problems and been using them for a couple years. People have mixed opinions bu I Just bang em in never had any problems. Worth a try? If you don't like I where It is you can always put It next to the post filter too

Offline TheCyberShocker

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 05:04:25 pm »
Never thought about that. Filter should keep it in place. Thanks bud. Really appreciate it! :)

Offline Dysonboy

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 06:19:30 pm »
Never thought about that. Filter should keep it in place. Thanks bud. Really appreciate it! :)

:thumbsup:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 12:45:06 pm »
Tuck the freshener inside the post filter, theres plenty of space in there. I've had 3 25's in for repair where the freshener has sucked itself into the motor and obliterated itself all inside the fan!

Plus by the post filter wont make the whole machine stink, which can linger. Plus if you dont like the smell then once the filter is removed the smell has gone.
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration