The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC01 Breakthrough (Antartic Solo) Limited Edition  (Read 5252 times)

Offline Elgin

DC01 Breakthrough (Antartic Solo) Limited Edition
« on: June 22, 2017, 12:01:16 am »
So I may have just bagged myself an absolute bargain!
£25 for a DC01 Breakthrough, DC27 Animal and DC07 Origin. Not confirmed yet but ive sent seller a message and they have said there still there.

Looks to have both wheel guards present. and original powercord. just said as faulty so could be intresting. May just use my DC01 as a donor if it is dead - my current DC01 is nothing too special - the only reason its special to me is because it my first DC01, and was the first dyson I bought with my own money before I bought the two dc07's and a dc33...

If one wheel guard is missing then I will attempt to swap the chassis between the two and attempt to carefully move across the stickers - again not original but will mint up the brekthrough - my dc01 standard is mint so if the breakthrough isn't then I can mint up using my standard as a donor.

Anyways thats my plan if I do get it, thats providing I can organise my mum to drop me down tommorow and borrow some cash since im all out and my cash is up nans - the other option would be to go down to my nans, grab the £15 there and borrow just £10 but then that uses up the holiday money i'd probaly never spend anyway

Offline GeorgeJ

• English? I'm never going to England!
    • Some dirty pics ;)
Re: DC01 Breakthrough (Antartic Solo) Limited Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 03:52:49 pm »
The Antarctica solo one looks  8)
You miss 100% of the Dysons you don't buy.  -Wayne Gretzky
 -Michael Scott  -GeorgeJ

Offline Madrat

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 04:03:52 pm »
Always thought blue was the best colour for the dc01

Offline Sleaford White

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 05:33:44 pm »
I hope you've got yourself a bargain there Elgin apart from the DC27, I used  to hate the bloody things!
I still have one (with a cracked footplate) for when my trusty DC07 eventually dies.

If you need any blue DC01 parts, I still have one intact,tidy and not faded (but knackered motor). I'll let it go for peanuts, or I'll pull off any parts you want and tip the rest, but obviously I'd want my money back for postage/packaging.

Dry roasted or cashews!

H.

Offline Elgin

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 10:21:04 pm »
I hope you've got yourself a bargain there Elgin apart from the DC27, I used  to hate the bloody things!
I still have one (with a cracked footplate) for when my trusty DC07 eventually dies.

If you need any blue DC01 parts, I still have one intact,tidy and not faded (but knackered motor). I'll let it go for peanuts, or I'll pull off any parts you want and tip the rest, but obviously I'd want my money back for postage/packaging.

Dry roasted or cashews!

H.

Thanks,
Only problem is the chassis - the wheel guard is snapped.
Works well though. After refurb should be mint, bit of fade due to age but.

DC01 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration