The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: cr01 fault codes  (Read 6765 times)

Offline mossey

cr01 fault codes
« on: August 21, 2013, 06:09:59 pm »
hi apologies if i'm doing this incorrectly this is my first post. I found a thread about how to enter the diagnostic mode on the CR01 washing machine and a code came up as follows can anyone advise please
4986F4F6F5V1315 many thanks

Offline Dead Dyson

Re: cr01 fault codes
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 08:50:01 pm »
The first four digits are how many washing cycles it's done; the F numbers are all fault codes; and finally, the V code is the software version.

So your machine has done 4,986 washes; and has the fault codes F6 (not filling), F4 (inner door open), and F5 (not draining).

I had these codes once and think it had to have a full service, but Dyson are no longer sending engineers out to these.

Hope you get it fixed. Mine had done nearly 9,000 washes so there must be life in yours yet!

Offline mossey

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 11:53:12 pm »
Many thanks dead dyson don't suppose you know if there is a way of clearing fault codes thanks again

Offline Dead Dyson

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 12:15:07 pm »
Many thanks dead dyson don't suppose you know if there is a way of clearing fault codes thanks again

When you do the diagnostic check to get the codes, that will clear any minor faults. So if you still have fault codes when you've done that, it's something more serious. And the codes are only pointing you in a direction, not specifically telling you what the problem is.

If I remember correctly, I think the problem with mine was that the gear change was too slow. And I don't know anything about sorting that out!

Sorry, but I'm sure someone on here can help.

Offline alextill

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 02:07:48 pm »
Hi DEAD DYSON....... many thanks for the info on FAULT CODES.....

I have an F11 fault and assume its the POWER PCB..... so have taken it out for repair but need to reconnect it to run diagnostics...... ( I should have found this site/ forum a week ago so I had the info)  ...!!!    However The PLUGS on the cables for the motors are identical ...???? Are you (or anyone else) able to advise me which is 'M1' and which is 'M2'     I didn't mark the cables in my rush to remove the PCB as I assumed the connections would be different...MY ERROR!!!

HELP PLEASE....!!!!   Anyone???

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration