The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson DC25 Stripdown and Refurb  (Read 132889 times)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Dyson DC25 Stripdown and Refurb
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2015, 08:06:49 pm »
TBH reading back I could probably do a better guide now my method is better, but there is alot of info on this thread with all the questions, so I wont!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Tonymini145

• Dyson fan, stripper & restorer
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2015, 08:12:41 pm »
TBH reading back  I could probably do a better guide now my method is better, but there is alot of info on this thread with all the questions, so I wont!

Have you tried a DC50 yet ?  :( :'(

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2015, 08:17:47 pm »
Ish

https://manchestervacs.co.uk/DysonForum/index.php/topic,1881.0.html

Needs £££ spending on it though, and I'm not 100% sure the motor doesn't slow every now and again, so it's at the back of the loft for a rainy day!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Tonymini145

• Dyson fan, stripper & restorer
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2015, 08:29:15 pm »
Ish

https://manchestervacs.co.uk/DysonForum/index.php/topic,1881.0.html

Needs £££ spending on it though, and I'm not 100% sure the motor doesn't slow every now and again, so it's at the back of the loft for a rainy day!

Nice looks like you succeeded better than me, you should get a work bench though lots of little bits could get lost in the grass

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2015, 08:36:15 pm »
oh they do,  theres at least 3 circlips in there somewhere! a workbench would be lovely,  the front room floor suffices for now until we move somewhere bigger!

Offline premierdysonrepairs

• Repairs, service and reconditioning of Dyson Vac's
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2016, 05:40:47 pm »
Thanks for doing this Beko, I have one on the bench which looks like it needs a complete overhaul! ;)
This may just have inspired me to get on with it. :thumbsup:
If @ first you dont succeed "scrap it"

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2016, 07:00:52 pm »
Go for it! Their not too bad,  I can get one apart in 25 mins and together in 45 now after doing a few! Just card up your screws as their all different lengths,  and * the ones that need a plastic washer grip thing under them,  saves so much head scratching!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2016, 07:59:36 pm »
I had noticed a lack of proper teardown threads

Haha, they're good, but I get bored scrolling and scrolling on long Threads, that's why I make video's and maybe a few photos in my threads.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking you or anyone else... I do like to see repairs and strip downs of course ;)  :tiphat:
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2016, 08:43:49 pm »
Go for it! Their not too bad,  I can get one apart in 25 mins and together in 45 now after doing a few! Just card up your screws as their all different lengths,  and * the ones that need a plastic washer grip thing under them,  saves so much head scratching!

Will probably give it a go later tomorrow afternoon, good thinking on the card for screws. :thumbsup:

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2016, 08:46:46 pm »
I had noticed a lack of proper teardown threads

Haha, they're good, but I get bored scrolling and scrolling on long Threads, that's why I make video's and maybe a few photos in my threads.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking you or anyone else... I do like to see repairs and strip downs of course ;)  :tiphat:

Will have to take a look at some of your video's Rusty. ;)

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2016, 08:52:24 pm »
Will have to take a look at some of your video's Rusty. ;)

That would be great, if you click on you YouTube link in my signature and then go to the Vacuum Cleaners playlist you'll see all of them. Or you can look on my Threads on here and then read the Thread and watch the accompanying video's  :coffee:
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline MrsKimMcGlen-Bull

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2016, 10:58:14 pm »
Thank you for posting these photo's...brilliant...I appreciate them.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2016, 11:17:17 pm »
No worries,  glad it helped! Did you have an specific issue or just fancied a refurb?

Ive been having thoughts about re doing the refurb tbh,  this was one of my early ones,  and after doing 30-40 of them,  am much better versed.  Reckon I could get 300 pics out of it... Got one in the shed too to refurb and sell...

One day I'll find the time

Offline Magonagal

• Retired
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2018, 01:58:03 pm »
I'm a newbie in the group and just joined to try and fix a DC25. I can't thank you enough for the stripdown photos - brilliant - no way could I have tackled this repair without your help. Still got a way to go but I think I'm on the right track!
Rob

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2018, 10:55:26 am »
I'm a newbie in the group and just joined to try and fix a DC25. I can't thank you enough for the stripdown photos - brilliant - no way could I have tackled this repair without your help. Still got a way to go but I think I'm on the right track!

Good to hear! You'll be fine, shout if you get stuck and many of us will be able to help!

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram