The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC11 bin release catch reassembly  (Read 5352 times)

Offline kmr

DC11 bin release catch reassembly
« on: October 17, 2013, 07:29:35 pm »
Hi, I took my DC11 cylinder assembly apart to clean it (unscrewed and cleaned all the inside parts). Have been trying to put it back together but can't remember or find any instructions on how the bin release mechanism fits together. I have 3 parts and 2 springs. Can anyone help? Dyson of no help :-( it was clogged with cement like stuff - think it may have for wet.  Thank you!!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: DC11 bin release catch reassembly
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 04:37:42 pm »
From memory (been ages since I've had one apart) it is very fiddly, however:

The dogleg bit of plastic with the square on one end - the square end goes in the square hole under the button, and goes inbetween the cyclone assembly plastic (which from memory is the fiddly bit as the two cyclones meet here). The other piece of rounded plastic goes under that further down the bin, and pushes the bottom flap out (round end to round end on the plastic bits)

Sprin wise, the long spring goes just under the dogleg square, but rests on part of the clyclone housing. The shorter fatter spring *I Think* goes over the very bottom of the pegs by the release flap, so it pulls the peg away from it when the button is not pushed.

Best thing to do it try it all without the springs and check it works, then put the springs back appropriatly. Not got a DC11 to show you pictures of it all together I'm afraid.

Good luck! Did you wash the cyclone out? One of the best things you can do that is, high pressure hot water is ideal, but even a long soak and a good swirl around in a bucket of water will sort it out!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline kmr

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 11:24:14 pm »
Thank you. My friend fixed it for me today using your guidance and it's now running like new. Yes I did wash it out. I think I must have sucked up some water and it was clogged up.

Thanks again   ;)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 11:26:39 pm »
Excellent! Washing the cyclone is the best way to restore performance, along with new filters.

If you still have it in a few years you can do it all again when it clogs!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram