The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC07 Animal - Dustbin  (Read 4960 times)

Offline Auriel

DC07 Animal - Dustbin
« on: October 23, 2013, 01:33:25 pm »
Hi Guys,

For some reason I cannot get the bin to release from the Dyson.  I have searched many posts on the internet and see a lot about the bin bottom not releasing or not shutting properly, but nothing about releasing it from the chassis.  There seems to be about 1/8" play between the catch and the chassis. I don't know when this has happened or how as we had a house sitter recently and when we returned the machine would not stand properly (I have fixed that).  Any ideas?

Offline Auriel

Re: DC07 Animal - Dustbin
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 02:11:31 pm »
Managed to separate the bin from the chassis and the plastic supports are broken (see attached photos).  Does this mean that I need a new cyclone head?

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 02:46:23 pm »
Managed to separate the bin from the chassis and the plastic supports are broken (see attached photos).  Does this mean that I need a new cyclone head?

It does I'm afraid...unless you want to wrestle with your Dyson each time you need to empty it  :'(

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 11:21:59 pm »
Yep, new cyclone top needed! You could get lucky and ebay or mvacs will have a purple one for sale, or buy a silver one from mvacs and dont worry about the colour!

Take the bin off, undo the 3 security torx screws and pull the top off. Swap the bin release rod over (a non security torx screw) and fiddle the rod back into the bin release assembly at the bottom. check the rubber seal is present on the new bin top, if not then swap the one from the old one on. 3 screws back in

and fixed!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration