Dyson Models > First Generation "The Ball" Dysons.

Tutorial: Replacing the Dyson DC24 Brush Bar Motor.

(1/9) > >>

Dyson Tech:
How to change the brush bar motor on your Dyson DC24 ball:

Many people have asked us for this, so I thought I would put one together (Reading guests will need to make a free account on the forum to see all the images).

Start by removing the cleaner head which is done by removing the c-shaped clip as shown here:

You actually do it from the front, using the little cut out, but I am doing it from the back here to better show you the clip in question. When you have removed the clip, the head unit comes off like so:

Dyson Tech:
Look on the underside, there is a rubber strip. Pull it out and put it to one side (as there are screws underneath it). Your next job is to undo the nine screws with a T10 torx screwdriver. Here are their locations:

Having done that, release the end cap. I use a two pence coin.........

Having removed the end cap, you can now take out the brush roll:

Dyson Tech:
Now you can split the unit like so:

Now you need to unclip the circuit board. There is a little clip that releases it as shown:

This allows you to split the unit a little further:

Now you can unplug the motor from the circuit board.

Dyson Tech:
There is now one screw holding the motor in place. It is a T8 torx screw.

Having undone that, the motor comes out. Replacing your motor is simply a reverse sequence of what you have just done. During disassembly and reassembly, be aware of the location of the red "reset" button and make sure it goes back in it's correct position on the side of the head.

We keep not only the motors, but also the screwdrivers. If you want to order a brush roll motor, you can do so from here: >>>DC24 Spare Parts<<<

Comments and questions are welcome.

autovac01:
Do you know what voltage the DC24 brushroll motor runs on? so we can test the motor.
Or how can you tell if the motor or the PCB (or both) is at fault?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version