The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: CR01 F8 overfilling error  (Read 4792 times)

Offline Faxman

CR01 F8 overfilling error
« on: December 08, 2013, 05:26:19 pm »
Hi, been getting this message intermittently, possibly for some time, as the display has been unreadable until it was replaced recently.
If I switch off/on then cancel the operation then start it again it invariably works OK that time and will work again several times until it returns again. Could it be limescale in the inlet valve? Any advice appreciated folks  :bow:

Offline spencer1885

Re: CR01 F8 overfilling error
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 06:01:59 pm »
Over fill would mean to much water in the drum.
So no problem with the water getting in.
From my under standing is the tube that comes from the drum up to the controll panel is how the machine senses the water level.
The new controll panel being fitted and the problem remaining rules out a fault with the panel.
If you mean lime scale in the solenoid valves,then they might not be shutting properly,but then they would be letting water in all the time and filling the drum even when the machine is not being used.
I would check the tube and pipe from the bottom of the drum that goes to the controll panel.

Offline Faxman

Re: CR01 F8 overfilling error
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 08:22:33 am »
Thanks Spencer.

I did have to remove the control panel several times while fault finding and fixing the pump, and then fitted the new panel so it could be that the tube to the panel isn't sealing properly. I'll try cutting an inch off the end of the pipe in case it's got stretched, it didn't seem to be a very tight fit, considering there's nothing to secure it. Thanks again. :tiphat:

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram