The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Cyclone Release Button  (Read 4122 times)

Offline Varmann

Cyclone Release Button
« on: January 13, 2014, 07:41:49 pm »
I have had my DC14-Animal vacuum for 7 years and it works just fine.  Last week, during routine maintenance, I removed the cyclone and cleaned it well including the filter.  Put it all back together and have used it during the week with no problems. However, now when I push in the Cyclone Release Button, it does not move and I can not remove the cyclone to empty it.  It is possible that for the first time in 7 years, I put the cyclone back incorrectly, but can't see what is wrong nor figure out a way without possibly breaking the machine to remove the cyclone.
Any suggestions short of bringing it to a repair shop?
Thanks
/bh

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
Re: Cyclone Release Button
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 08:26:14 pm »
I have had my DC14-Animal vacuum for 7 years and it works just fine.  Last week, during routine maintenance, I removed the cyclone and cleaned it well including the filter.  Put it all back together and have used it during the week with no problems. However, now when I push in the Cyclone Release Button, it does not move and I can not remove the cyclone to empty it.  It is possible that for the first time in 7 years, I put the cyclone back incorrectly, but can't see what is wrong nor figure out a way without possibly breaking the machine to remove the cyclone.
Any suggestions short of bringing it to a repair shop?
Thanks
/bh

The red button you press to release the bin flap - follow this down at the back of the cyclone/bin and chances are part of this isn't quite sitting properly and just needs popping back into position

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram