The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Motor removal  (Read 5864 times)

Offline jkent200911

• Dyson newby
Motor removal
« on: January 22, 2014, 12:07:14 am »
Hi guys

My first real post and most probably real stupid to but....

I have a 10 year old dc07 that I have stripped all the way down to leave just the motor housing and switch. Reason for leaving the switch is after taking out the screw it won't budge and I don't want to break it :-/ the other is the power leads the couple up to the motor won't separate even when pulling in my eyes over excessively and also do not want to break them!

Can anyone give some helpful tips or advice please so can get it back together?

ps I have tried to attach a picture of the wires that are stuck

ila_rendered
jkent200911 :-)

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
Re: Motor removal
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 10:12:57 am »
Hi guys

My first real post and most probably real stupid to but....

I have a 10 year old dc07 that I have stripped all the way down to leave just the motor housing and switch. Reason for leaving the switch is after taking out the screw it won't budge and I don't want to break it :-/ the other is the power leads the couple up to the motor won't separate even when pulling in my eyes over excessively and also do not want to break them!

Can anyone give some helpful tips or advice please so can get it back together?

ps I have tried to attach a picture of the wires that are stuck (Attachment Link)

If you grab the connectors, one side in each hand - wiggle from side to side and they should come apart.

Offline jkent200911

• Dyson newby
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 07:39:16 pm »
Got the switch cover off with the use of a screw driver but these pesky wires no matter how much pulling and wiggling really do not want to budge  :angryman: frustrated !

Thanks for the suggestion though  :thumbsup:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 11:08:22 am »
They do come apart. Have you tried pushing a tiny flatblade inbetween the plastic housings to release the little stepped clip that's obviously doing too good a job?

Even if you muiller the plastic housing, the spade connectors inside will be fine, will just need insulation tape to replace the plastic housings
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline jkent200911

• Dyson newby
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 03:48:01 pm »
Hi all

Thanks for all the suggestions.

After finally removing the power switch and taking the cable out I was able to get the leverage to give the wires a real good tug......boy they were real tight but they gave in and parted  :thumbsup:

Once again thanks all  ;D

James

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 09:14:38 pm »
There's little tabs on the crimps that locks together when connected.

Squeezing the sides a little with some pliers then pulling normall works, then just a little nip flat again once apart so it clicks back together.

The switch cover is always a pain. One way to do it is to back the screw out a few turns, then push the ends of the clipsback from behind the machine (hose off). Is fiddly, and I've broken clips before but if your carful it will pop off but stop at the screw rather than fling off somewhere in the garage... :angryman:

Glad you got it apart anyway!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Sleaford White

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 02:36:59 pm »
What I do is remove the screw and place a flat blade screwdriver against the clips and gently tap it with my palm. Never broken one and never had to go looking for one afterwards!

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration