The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC04 non clutch awful noise from brush roller.  (Read 4940 times)

Offline Obeo2k2

DC04 non clutch awful noise from brush roller.
« on: January 24, 2014, 10:08:53 am »
Hi all, my first post here and my first time attempting to repair a vacuum so please be gentle on me haha

I have a non clutched dc04 which started making a horrific noise a couple of weeks ago. I removed the sole plate and brush to find a rogue hair clip had become caught in the brush. I removed this and the noise continued.

I looked abut closer and saw that the brush roller had bowed a little and was not perfectly strait and also that a small part of the plastic on the brush housing had melted and left some loose strands of plastic. So... I replaced the brush with a new one and removed the stray bits of plastic. Noise still there.... Bugger!!!

The noise is coming from the brush housing by where the band goes over the brush so i have now also replaced the band and brush housing but the noise is still just as bad....I thought maybe the motor but the noise is deffinetly coming from the brush side of the band and not the motor, kinda sounds like the brush is catching but I have replaced pretty much everything in that part of the vacuum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
Re: DC04 non clutch awful noise from brush roller.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 10:37:54 am »
Hi all, my first post here and my first time attempting to repair a vacuum so please be gentle on me haha

I have a non clutched dc04 which started making a horrific noise a couple of weeks ago. I removed the sole plate and brush to find a rogue hair clip had become caught in the brush. I removed this and the noise continued.

I looked abut closer and saw that the brush roller had bowed a little and was not perfectly strait and also that a small part of the plastic on the brush housing had melted and left some loose strands of plastic. So... I replaced the brush with a new one and removed the stray bits of plastic. Noise still there.... Bugger!!!

The noise is coming from the brush housing by where the band goes over the brush so i have now also replaced the band and brush housing but the noise is still just as bad....I thought maybe the motor but the noise is deffinetly coming from the brush side of the band and not the motor, kinda sounds like the brush is catching but I have replaced pretty much everything in that part of the vacuum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

Have you checked the new brushbar is spinning straight? There are some cheapy versions on the market that aren't very good!

DC04 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram