The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC24 brush bar problems "Help Please"  (Read 3971 times)

Offline toonfan11

DC24 brush bar problems "Help Please"
« on: January 26, 2014, 08:45:57 pm »
I bought aDC24 all floors of someone who said it all worked apart from the brushes had stopped going round, therefore i dont know if the original owner has tried doing anything to correct this, what i can not understand is this, after doing all the things regarding the brush bar i bought one only to find that the brushes still dont go round i know its not the brush bar or the upright relay switch as its not under warranty i decided to investigatethis is what i have found out so far and which is doing my head in is if i take the 2 wires off the upright relay switch and tape them together the brushes work BUT only when its in the upright position as soon as i lower it down to the hoovering position they stop you can turn the brushes on/off if its in the upright position with the main switch thats next to the on and off, strange this i can not work it out i beleive the 2 on/off switches are ok i bought a new upright relay switch so thats ok i know the brush bar is not at fault power is getting to the brush bar, stumped i really hope someone who reads this can be of help,thanks in advance

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration