The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DYSON DC25 ANIMAL  (Read 5488 times)

Offline novaruby26

DYSON DC25 ANIMAL
« on: March 03, 2014, 04:27:55 pm »
Hello Everyone, I am at a total loss and need help.  I have a dyson dc25 animal.  I also have around 7 or 8 accessories that do not fit it as I have kept the accessories from older models I owned previously.    :underchair:  Ok, im a dyson parts hoarder.  I have been looking all over the internet for an adapter to go ONTO my dc25 hose that will fit the older parts I have stored away for use.  I see many many adapters to buy just am not sure what one is the right one for it.  Here are 3 of them I could find that dont fit my dc25 hose that i need an adapter for. 

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
Re: DYSON DC25 ANIMAL
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 07:11:12 pm »
Hello Everyone, I am at a total loss and need help.  I have a dyson dc25 animal.  I also have around 7 or 8 accessories that do not fit it as I have kept the accessories from older models I owned previously.    :underchair:  Ok, im a dyson parts hoarder.  I have been looking all over the internet for an adapter to go ONTO my dc25 hose that will fit the older parts I have stored away for use.  I see many many adapters to buy just am not sure what one is the right one for it.  Here are 3 of them I could find that dont fit my dc25 hose that i need an adapter for.

Sadly you won't find adaptors that will help those fit your DC25 I'm afraid  :(

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 10:06:49 pm »
Looks like a DC08 type fitting hard floor tool, DC05ish turbo tool (would need to see the front to be sure) and a DC14 and earlier upholstry brush.

What do I win?
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline novaruby26

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 06:07:20 am »
Becko, you dont win anything yet till you tell me where to get an adapter to put on my dc25 to fit those pieces.  I mean it HAS to be able to be done somehow right?  If no adapter is premade yet.....there must be a way.  Geesh, if Dr. Frankenstein can put together a monster with random parts; I can too right?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 07:52:01 am »
Ha ah so close!

I know of no such adapter, although have a crap DC25 Wand, I'll have a look around the garage and see if anything fits!

Of course, they probably wont because Dyson want you to buy all new tools for every machine now and scrap the old ones with the old machine etc
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline novaruby26

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 06:30:43 pm »
Yea well someone out there should be able to make one or engineer one maybe?  I mean they were able to replicate the turbo tool right?  The one before the tangle free one?  Still waitin on someone to make a universal tangle free one :P

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram