The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC25 - post filter popping out  (Read 6839 times)

Offline whitling2k

DC25 - post filter popping out
« on: March 26, 2014, 08:24:18 am »
Hello,

Recently - our dyson 25 multifloor exclusive has started loosing it's post filter whilst its on.  It seems to get worse after running it for a while, and on hard-floors.

Having searched this forum - it looks like the problem is either with the post filter - or the motor housing. 

Trying not to waste cash... I wonder if there is any way of checking where the fault lies - so I don't end up buying the wrong thing?

Looking to DIY repair - I've had the brush-bar stripped and swapped motors - so I am fairly confident with my ability to replace the motor house if needs be (if I can get hold of one!!)

Cheers

Whitling2k

Offline Sleaford White

Re: DC25 - post filter popping out
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 10:16:04 am »
Is it an after market filter and not an original Dyson. The catches are slightly bigger and foul the inside of the ball.

Offline whitling2k

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 11:25:59 am »
Hi - it's all original stuff - only taken it in and out a few times to clean (maybe 3- 4 times in the last 2 years)

Offline MikeR

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 11:29:41 am »
Hi,

If you start the machine with the filter door removed, you will probably see the filter being pushed out by the airflow, this is because the filter is blocked and causing resistance to the air. Replace the filter and all will be ok. If you fit a non dyson filter you will need to swap over the red catch button as the angle of this is usually not correct. Fitting a genuine Dyson filter is the easiest option.

Keith

Offline whitling2k

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 12:08:11 pm »
I'll give that a try - that one seems the hardest filter to clean under the tap.

If it doesn't bulge out - would that move your suspicions to the catch?

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram