The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Replacing Dc07 soleplate bristles/brushes  (Read 3559 times)

Offline kungfu-mama

• Work is the best antidote for sorrow.
Replacing Dc07 soleplate bristles/brushes
« on: April 17, 2014, 10:14:49 pm »
Hello all: Rescuing a Dyson Dc07 from someone's garbage has turned me into a bit of a Ms. Fixit. The darn thing works like a champ now - replaced the hoses, filters, and got a refurb cyclone assembly sans top so the bin catch would work. Poor thing was stupidly abused...
Anyway, I'm on to a cosmetic issue now. You know the two little brushes that stick out from the soleplate? The ones that sweep up and in little bits of dirt along the walls? well, for some, only one of these bristles is worn down to the nubs on my rescued Dyson. Since they sell spare bristles, and since it is only one, I'd like to replace it. One problem, though -how do I get the old one out? Anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any help .

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Replacing Dc07 soleplate bristles/brushes
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 08:33:59 pm »
Good job on the 07!

Got any pliers? Needle nose work best, clamp all the bristles evenly and firmly, and pull! They just slide in and out, but get stuck with years of crud.

They slide out towards the front, you should see the slot in the moulding.
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram