The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson DC 25 All Floors ( Silver Switch Push )  (Read 4277 times)

Offline rugbug

Dyson DC 25 All Floors ( Silver Switch Push )
« on: May 01, 2014, 07:12:39 pm »
I recently bought this model cheap at a local Auction expecting to repair it if necessary... pressing the red SW powered up the machine but no brush rotation when lowered and pressing the silver switch push button.

Further investigation was needed so i removed the small cover to expose the 2 mains operated switches. After checking the switch for the brush roller it was found to be in working order then i noticed the reset switch which turned out to be o/cct i then opened the reset SW body to find that it had been arcing internally and was burnt out.

After pressing the brush roller SW to on i then connected momentarily the two reset wires to find that the brush roller was in order a new reset switch was needed.

Having said all that! can anyone explain how the white plastic lever & spring mechanism works in the silver SW push button i have them  situated correctly but every time whilst holding down the red button and clicking the small cover back
the silver  push button is static?  the red one works alright.

Offline rugbug

Re: Dyson DC 25 All Floors ( Silver Switch Push )
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 12:32:27 am »
I recently bought this model cheap at a local Auction expecting to repair it if necessary... pressing the red SW powered up the machine but no brush rotation when lowered and pressing the silver switch push button.

Further investigation was needed so i removed the small cover to expose the 2 mains operated switches. After checking the switch for the brush roller it was found to be in working order then i noticed the reset switch which turned out to be o/cct i then opened the reset SW body to find that it had been arcing internally and was burnt out.

After pressing the brush roller SW to on i then connected momentarily the two reset wires to find that the brush roller was in order a new reset switch was needed.

Having said all that! can anyone explain how the white plastic lever & spring mechanism works in the silver SW push button i have them  situated correctly but every time whilst holding down the red button and clicking the small cover back
the silver  push button is static?  the red one works alright.

Apologies:  I should have read through all the post's with respect to the ball system DC 25 or even the DC 24 where a description was given by  ( DYSON TECH ) on the basic working of the switch  mechanism this all made sense then.

Thank's DYSON TECH.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram