The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC07 cyclone blockage  (Read 5219 times)

Offline brett83

DC07 cyclone blockage
« on: July 02, 2014, 07:22:07 pm »
Hi,

I serviced my first DC07 with a blocked cyclone.  I removed the top and it was completely stuffed up with dirt. I've pressure washed it and all looks good, but is the fault a seal. If I put it back together again won't it just clog up again.

Is it ok or do I need a new cyclone assy?

Thanks

Offline autovac01

• Woman in a man's world.
Re: DC07 cyclone blockage
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 10:49:19 am »
It should be fine. They start blocking up possibly if something damp or sticky has been sucked up, then it just builds up.
Just tap the cyclone on the floor outside occasionally (with bin removed obviously).

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 12:58:08 pm »
Then put it in your diary to do it in a year or so again as they all do that sir!  :icon_nod:
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline brett83

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 11:38:48 am »
Thanks Beko,

The same DC07 has come back for another repair.  I did say to my customer that once the cyclone is blocked it can put strain on the motor, but we agreed before changing the motor we would just clean the cyclone out first.  the suction is brilliant.  Better than your average DC07, cyclone is clear and the motor cuts out after about 4 minutes.

Can the fault be just the thermal cut out unit, as opposed to the motor.  the suction is that good that its is quite an effort to glide over the carpet.  Also, the filters are good.  ive tried a new post motor filter and the pre motor filter looks fine, certainly seen a lot worse without the fault.

Its clearly a motor fault, but wondering if it might be just the thermal cut out.

Thanks

Offline __russ__

• Dyson Repairs Essex
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 01:26:30 pm »
Thanks Beko,

The same DC07 has come back for another repair.  I did say to my customer that once the cyclone is blocked it can put strain on the motor, but we agreed before changing the motor we would just clean the cyclone out first.  the suction is brilliant.  Better than your average DC07, cyclone is clear and the motor cuts out after about 4 minutes.

Can the fault be just the thermal cut out unit, as opposed to the motor.  the suction is that good that its is quite an effort to glide over the carpet.  Also, the filters are good.  ive tried a new post motor filter and the pre motor filter looks fine, certainly seen a lot worse without the fault.

Its clearly a motor fault, but wondering if it might be just the thermal cut out.

Thanks

I've had it in the past, all the obvious stuff is checked/changed and if it still cuts out, yes change the thermal cut out as just that bit can go wrong, albeit not very often!

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram