The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC17 Cleaner Head Wiring Cover & BRUSHBAR Motor  (Read 4457 times)

Offline Stevemaggiora

DC17 Cleaner Head Wiring Cover & BRUSHBAR Motor
« on: September 02, 2014, 02:42:19 pm »
My US DC17 has a BRUSHBAR MOTOR that screams when engaged. There is no debris, the belt is fine. I called DYSON support, they listened and said the motor was bad. I took apart the DC17 trying to remove BRUSHBAR Motor. Now, I am putting it back together and can not remember how the CLEANER HEAD WIRING COVER (part#2 on diagram 12/06) attaches. Does anyone have a picture of it attached to share?

My 2nd question is how do I go about removing the BRUSH HOUSING from the CLEANER HEAD ASSEMBLY without breaking it?

Last question: The BRUSHBAR BAR motor does not have a push-on connection for the white wire. Is that wire supposed to be cut and spliced when changing out motor?

Thank you for your help.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: DC17 Cleaner Head Wiring Cover & BRUSHBAR Motor
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 04:10:34 pm »
Hi, we don't have the DC17 in the UK as it is an American machine, however if I were you, I would try and fit all the components in but make sure n wires to in the screw areas or the wires ll get damaged when screwing them in, I learnt my lesson with that lol

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration