The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Nilfisk HDS2000 re-furbed  (Read 4355 times)

Offline HDS2000

Nilfisk HDS2000 re-furbed
« on: September 21, 2014, 12:11:14 am »
I picked this up recently and was knocked back on my feet when I opened it up.
Howling hell - the smell would have made a dog barf. It was like every dirty sod in the country had used it to suck their nail clippings off their horrible feet.
The filters were all black - I mean, seriously black; the now white sack filter looked like a coal sack and the ones on top of the motor were manky.
The HEPA filter is a bit claggy and needs replaced still, but I think I'll have a go at sourcing a cheaper HEPA panel filter from an air purifier and replacing the element itself,  rather than fork out nearly €50 for one of Nilfisk's.

The filter elements in the top cover - you'd never have known they were yellow and white.
ila_rendered

The sack filter - first line of defence after the dust bag - again, it was utterly minging.  Not spotless now, but at least you can see it's supposed to be white.
ila_rendered

I don't have any GD / HDS 2000 bags to hand, so improvised with a Goblin bag; it works well enough for now. Proper bags will be in the post to me shortly.
ila_rendered

Cleaned up, in all its glory - a new power cable is on the cards too; the old one, while serviceable, is taped and heatshrinked in a few places. Enough for me to not trust it in the long term.
ila_rendered

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram