We went to Newquay in September, and I was browsing the usual sites from our location + 10 miles, and found a Turbopower on preloved. Quick grovel later and we head out on Sunday afternoon to Redruth
£10 later, and I was the proud* owner of a battered U2332!
Job no 1 when we got back to the caravan, tr it out! Saw a fleet of Henrys being used, so I doubt they've ever had an upright touch them!
Rare intact wheels!
Damage on the leading edge of the hood
Royal warrant is missing
top one is okhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUU14M4FaFA&list=UUv0y2E43HyJMX85p-Wxro0Q
Fun over, I split it in half, and it was packed in the car to be hoiked 270 miles from it's previous home
And home (a month later as I had other machines to get done and sold!)
Started with the top half first
The bag was empty-ish when I bought it, was quite full of sand after the caravan
The bag door hinges from the bottom
but can be a PITA, and one holder was already a bit broken, so I unscrewed the assembly
Glued this back on
Some foul smelling tissue was fitted to the air freshener!
Undid the bag door mechanism
The hinge flaps push out of the housing
Bag fill tube can come off now, with it's non original screws...
The bag full light suction pipe slides over a hole on the bag fill tube
Onto the top half, there's a screw buried in here
There's a tiny plastic pin that prises out now
The switch pops out
and the handle wiring can be removed
Handle end cap comes off
Unscrew the palstic cover at the top of the bag housing next. Mine was only held in with 2 screws so was easy...
the block holder was broken
Undo the mains cable and the top handle can be pulled away as well
Checked the holder still fitted properly
Bag full light out now
The bag full mechanism pulls out now
and splits down some more
there's 2 tabs under here
and all the wiring can be removed
Since the bottom cord hook is already broken I removed the remains, I have a different colour one that I will fit, but it's a horrible job!
SWMBO found this a few weeks ago, and I knew it went with this, but not where. Found it...
Popped off the blank that hides the hole for the Autoflex reqind system found on the U2334 and various Total Systems (like my U2602)
Top half done, onto the bottom!
Base plate off
And the activator, belt and belt guide can be removed
Stripped the activator down
End caps were full of rubbish
Bearing out on one side
However, on the other side the outer case of the bearing had wedged into the casing, so when I persuaded it out with a hammer, it broke completely!
Dug out the plastic cap and felt washer
There's a screw in each of the channels
and the height adjuster knob pops off
And the hood lifts off.
Apart from on mine, both fixings are broken as they usually do, so mine just fell off...
Will fix that later. Bumper off
Long dead bulb out
Snip the cable tie off to make the bellows easier to release
Motor clamp off, and the motor lifts out.
Found a broken bit of plastic under the motor
and another bit missing which I found under the vibration damping foam!
The 2 metal hoops hold the top part onto the bottom, I split it this way. The clamp on this side also holds the release pedal in place
Foam motor damper out, and the hidden plastic rescued
Onto the wheels now
The caps pop out via the 3 tabs on the rear
Remove the circlip and remove all the bits. These wheels are replacement ones, given that their black rather than Deep Wedgewood Green
One cap was broken
Getting there now, heifght adjuster now!
Spring comes out
Wheels lift up and out now
The slider pops apart and falls out too
Onto the motor now!
End rubbers pop off, and the clamp that holds it down
Bellows pop off
Pop the metal clips off and the fancase pulls off
There's a slot in the end of the belt pulley
anti-clockwise whilst holding the fan and
Metal and plastic shims sit under the fan
4 screws on the motor housing, slot head as it's an early motor
Carbons are close to the end, few years of light use left yet though