The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Numatic hetty hi-flo  (Read 4672 times)

Offline absolutepurplelime

Numatic hetty hi-flo
« on: November 05, 2014, 10:53:08 pm »
I had the 1200 watt hettt with auto save. The hi lo switch gave up the go this morning, took it back to homebase and they gave me a replacement. Got it home and opened it up to discover it's only 580 watts to comply with new rules. Well it's absolutly brilliant not really any notice in less performance why didn't they do this years ago. Anyone else used one yet?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Numatic hetty hi-flo
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 11:02:47 pm »
I've heard nothing but good feedback about them tbh, the new floortool design makes the most of the decent airflow, and since Henrys are usually used on very thin pile carpet/hard floor, it should be enough!

Or, fit an older motor in, the housing is the same! Hi/Lo switch would probably have been the PCB, £15 to change, Did it just die?
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline absolutepurplelime

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 08:34:12 pm »
Just got stuck in low mode. I did have a spare hi lo switch, swapped it over and cured the fault. But I put the defective one back in as I wanted a fresh machine. Got the hi flo which I must say is a lot better :)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 09:09:16 am »
Ah, never known the switch to go. Another thing to think of when buying a 'dead' numatic!

You want a nice 1000w 1995 or older machine, with the Red henry writing on the hat. Much nicer machines, motor has a lovely tone to it!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration