The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson dc14 origin  (Read 5505 times)

Offline absolutepurplelime

Dyson dc14 origin
« on: November 23, 2014, 12:23:20 am »
Hi guys picked up a dc14 origin tonight for a fiver and it came with 2 tools. The carbon brushes were down to nothing which I found really odd as I've never seen this on the most battered dc07 you could find. Anyway changed the brushes and it fired up fine.

ila_rendered

ila_rendered

It needs a couple of bits and bobs but I'm gonna keep it. I believe it was the last of the clutches non ball "groomers" as the dc33 was only available with a clutch.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Dyson dc14 origin
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 08:36:18 am »
Very nice! I consider the dc14 the last of the 'good old dysons'.

Got a dc14 identical to that for sale atm! Had a sniff last night but I want £10 more than they offered!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 11:48:10 am »
I just picked up an identical DC14 for £11.02 but this one is working, apart from dodgy power lead.  I think these were the best Dysons in terms of cleaning power and nearly as robust as the DC04. 

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 11:52:05 am »
They are cracking machines, going to refurbish it today and then use it along side my hetty and miele. I need a genuine hose for it though as it has an ebay special at the moment. Tools won't fit on it and it takes about a week to retract back to its original shape lol

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 11:54:04 am »
I sold that white all floors dc14 for 60 quid on Friday beko. What are you wanting for your origin?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 09:10:17 am »
I got £40 plus a DC04 Absolute+ which wasn't too bad I dont think! Missed out on a white DC14 for £10 last night cos I was helping put up stupid christmas decorations...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 09:54:55 pm »
How do you manage to change the carbons without getting a firework display afterwords?  :'(

DC14 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram