We have found something else that causes problems on the DC41. Similar to the DC40 where a small loom breaks
, we have found some DC41's that also have a similar problem. We have seen a trend of this in recent weeks, so it is worth a mention here.
When the machine is stripped down, you are looking here:
And here that is a bit closer:
As we can see, the wire rubs on the machine and eventually breaks on some machines causing power loss to the cleaner head.
The part is fiddly to change, but it is available.
It may be the case that Dyson discovered this already as the part number has already changed, suggesting a revision of some kind. More sheathing probably. The original part number was 921076-01 described as a "Motor Loom Assembly" and the new one is 963705-01 described as a "Motor Loom Service Kit".
We have just ordered a bunch of the motor loom service kits in, so they will be on the site within a day or two.