The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Rebuilt DC 25 but now low suction and wand does not work.  (Read 4497 times)

Offline svtfast

• Luvs Dysons, just not the price
Rebuilt DC 25 but now low suction and wand does not work.
« on: December 26, 2014, 05:23:57 pm »
First - I noticed that I must have thrown away the pre filter. Opps. Could that be causing the low suction?

A while back I was drowsy from being away for more than 30 hours (work) and just after I went to sleep, my wife woke me up to show me what my daughter did. Daughter took a job of OJ and play tea party with it. It was everywhere.

My groggy nature allowed me to use my DC25 to pick up the OJ. Bad move as there was mold throughout the DC25.

I order a new cleaner head, yolk, and the other part that connects to the main housing. I ended up with leftover screws - 5 silver ones, one black, and one round cup for use with black screw.

The DC25 runs correctly but the suction is low. Nothing is blocked. What could the cause be?

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: Rebuilt DC 25 but now low suction and wand does not work.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 05:29:43 pm »
What's the suction like via the hose and the suction at the button without the electrical brush head? Same or different?
Also check the the seal at the bottom of the cyclone is intact as this may cause the bin to not be closed properly, so the cyclone bin will not seal to the machine. This happened to my dc25 the other day because the dirt bin was a little too full :/

Offline svtfast

• Luvs Dysons, just not the price
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 05:36:26 pm »
What's the suction like via the hose and the suction at the button without the electrical brush head? Same or different?
Also check the the seal at the bottom of the cyclone is intact as this may cause the bin to not be closed properly, so the cyclone bin will not seal to the machine. This happened to my dc25 the other day because the dirt bin was a little too full :/

I think the flow is the same from the head to the hose but I dont have an air flow meter.

The seal at the bottom of the cyclone looks to be sealing. I cleaned that part and I see no signs of air leakage.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 06:07:54 pm »
OK, the pre motor filter missing wont reduce suction as it does not seal the cyclone lid lip.
I assume the suction is good from the hose and bottom? If so then the cleaner head might have a missing seal where it connects

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram