The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson dc01 help needed  (Read 4422 times)

Offline absolutepurplelime

Dyson dc01 help needed
« on: December 27, 2014, 05:46:31 pm »
Hi people hope you have all had a mega Christmas, I am normally the one who points people in the right direction with Dyson problems but I am completely stuck.

I have a Dyson dc01 that I picked up just before Christmas for a tenner. I sorted the flex out which was causing it to not work. It's since had a full strip down including a motor rebuild, it's the ydk motor and its running absolutly fantastic.

However I am having a major issue with the brush roll/cleaner head assy. When you start the vacuum the brush roll makes one hell of a noise when it's rotating. I've swapped the brush roll with my de Stijl and it continues to do it. The whole head assembly vibrates quiet nasty as if something is out of balance.

I know it's the ydk motor and parwaz said they spin faster but this noise doesn't sound generic it's absolutly horrendous. I hope someone can advise me because it's really starting to wind me up. Could it be because it hasn't got genuine belts fitted?

Re: Dyson dc01 help needed
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 06:52:05 pm »
Every single ydk dc01 on YouTube sound the same as mine. Panic over lol :)

Re: Dyson dc01 help needed
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 08:05:46 pm »
Still wasn't happy so I did some tests. It turns out that the ydk does not agree with Quаltex belts, changed the belt to a different one and it was completely different and a lot quieter.

DC01 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram