The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson DC25 Brushroll - Intermittant deadness  (Read 10662 times)

Offline Madrat

Re: Dyson DC25 Brushroll - Intermittant deadness
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 11:12:01 pm »
Ive got a hoover junior 1224 from mid/late 50s that is still going strong on its original parts. This throw away s@*t drives me mad  :D :angryman:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 10:20:59 pm »
Well some shiny new parts arrived today, thanks mvacs!

Before I stripped the head apart to wash the baseplate, I took the cover off to get a good look at the brushroll motor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBjYrrt_I4g

I think it's dead!

The baseplate is dry now, as soon as my daughter goes to sleep I'll whip it back together with the new bits and give it a test tomorrow!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2015, 08:42:18 pm »
For some closure, a new motor fixed it a treat! The owner is so pleased with it, apparently when it went she consigned it to a cupboard and bought a crappy vax upright, and used it for 2 years. She said she forgot how lovely her old one was to use!

Not often I get actual feedback on a machine, so I'm glad I stripped and washed the cyclone, washed the pre motor filter and fitted an air freshener for her now!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram