The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Change DC39 on/off button  (Read 8903 times)

Offline jesrod

Change DC39 on/off button
« on: January 10, 2015, 01:49:03 am »
Hi all, I recently bought a DC39 Animal full size from Amazon and the on/off switch of the vacuum doesn't work.  When I plugged it for the first time, the vacuum went on and when I tried to turn it off pushing the button, it didn't work.  I just had to unplug it, so basically the on/off switch for the vacuum is the plug right now.

Sadly, there's no Dyson repair shop in my country (Panama) and the return to Amazon costs more than the vacuum itself.  I was able to work it out with Amazon and got a full refund for the vacuum without sending it back so right now I'm looking on how to fix it.

I was able to get all the way to the motor and the hepa-filter but I wasn't able to go any further since the top where the switches are, won't come off so for that I would greatly appreciate any help that could guide me all the way to fixing this.

Regards,
Jesus Rodriguez

Offline Angus Black

• Dyson Medic
Re: Change DC39 on/off button
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 01:21:56 am »
Can you post a photo to the bit you cant open?

Offline ingotaner

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 12:48:05 pm »
I am looking for some instructions to disassemble a DC39. I have to repair the on/off switch. I removed the covers on each side and I got the bottom cover removed so I can access the motor but I cant get the top cover off. I believe I removed all screws. There seems to be a little white plastic piece that keeps the cover down (see attached picture) but I cant push it in.

Ingo

Offline NickP

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 02:58:53 pm »
Your almost there, I'll try to simplify my response on this post....but refer to the other response I gave to your other post.
Now remove the top duct assembly it has two hidden clips left and right at the front of its base.
Apply slight pressure pinching this area and it should release the clips and free the Top Duct Assembly.
You will now have access to the screws holding The CRU to the Upper Ball Chassis.
Once unscrewed Release Large Hidden clip on rear of Post filter hidden under rear of Upper Ball Chassis, as the post filter and cru are still connected at this point and clipped to the Chassis.
( I don't believe you have to remove the post filter to get at the top of the CRU...but I could be wrong as I removed my filter while tearing this down...but if I remember right it wasn't necessary to gain access to the top of the CRU)
Apply Pressure to the white visible clips it should begin to become loose any how and apparent at this point.

Let me know if this helps...feedback appreciated!!

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration