I often have a few crap vacuums lying around that I get given. They come in handy sometimes too, an old colleague and freind of mine is moving out of her parents house, and asked me if I had anything. She has bare floorboards, so I didnt think a DC07 would be very good, so I said I'd have a look and see what I had.
I found a Bush bagless cleaner in the shed, but upon turning it on it seemed the motor had killed itself, so I had another rummage and found this:
I remember getting this, a lady posted up on a local selling site asking if anyone wanted 2 free hoovers, and 4 people tagged me in the post. Got a nice DC04 Absolute+, which is long sold, and this. It's idential in pretty much every way to a Vax Centrix 3 I had a few years ago, which was shite tbh, but she wanted a cheap vac, a cheap vac she shall get!
5 screws and one security torx screw and the top housing lifts off
Was held on by 2 cables going to bits on the lid
Which connected on alternate sides
The post motor filter and housing fell out at this point too
Under the lid was the speed control board and led light for blockages
An internal chassis unscrewed
There was a roller to help guide the cable out
Speed control module
and the LED board
The lens for the led pops out from underneath
Speed control knob and trim pops out
The pedals pop out now
the 2 blingy chrome trimz unclip from the sides
The front hose entry trim unscrews and the seal is removed
the under handle trim unscrews
Onto the main part of the machine now!
The cord rewind mechanism lifts out
Onto the electronics now
Power switch out
Managed to snap the corner of the PCB off. The internals were still ok though, so I put a drop of superglue on it to sort that...
There was a cover
Aha, the top of the motor!
The release valve
4 more screws and the motor housing pulls up, and the motor falls out
This bung held the wiring in
Pulled it out for washing
2 anti vibration bungs were on the bottom of the motor housing
The beast of a motor is removed (horrible chinese screamer..)
Front wheel was removed
I tried to remove the rear wheels, but couldnt, so they stayed on
The ruined filters were removed
There's no washing this. It's the inefficiency of the cyclone system sadly
Bottom flap removed
Cyclone shroud removed
4 screws remove the top shell
2 more blingy bits are removed
This chap here ensures the cyclone cant go back on (without a flatblade screwdriver) without the filters in place
The release clip pops out with a bend of the housing
The only rubber seal on the whole machine that is removeable
and the cyclone was removed!
Onto the tools now. The handle had a tool holder on, I didnt get any tools with this machine, and the random dyson ones I've got for the machine dont fit on it, so I binned it off
50/50 of the brush
at the back was a rubber squeezee, which pulls out
Pedal snaps out
and with the wheels removed the neck seperates from the main head
All ready for washing!
All the screws
and all the washed parts!
even cleaner brush strip
and the floortool is done
cyclone holding clip refitted
and fitted to the lid
Blingy shiz fitted
rubber seal fitted
bottom flap fitted
and the cyclone is done
centre wheel fitted
rubber bungs fitted
Sound deadening fitted
motor located in the bucket
and fitted into the outer housing
wiring bung ready to go
lower sound deadening fitted
with a surprising amount of faffing the two peices were bought together, with everything wanting to fall out at once...
release valve back together
and fitted. Fitted the top suction channel cover too
The airflow check pcb was fitted (was looking for a pipe that connects to it for a while...
the motor was wired up
switch was bought back in
and the cord rewind was connected up and fitted into the housing
lower housing done, it was time for the top
top handle fitted
hose entry housing refitted
blingy bits fitted
pedals were refitted
speed control bits fitted
had to fit the pcb to make sure both the knob and board were at the same place (forgot to time it up before removing, this is what puts me off doing a cambelt on a car...)
little boards fitted
plugged back in
top housing was screwed back down, and with the aid of a screwdriver the cyclone was fitted!
it looks like a trainer (shoe)
It works, but I almost thought it was broken as the suction was no better than a 400w dirty fan Turbopower 1 through the tools, before realising that the pre motor filter needed to be fitted to bridge the gap between motor housing and dustbin.
Filters are ordered, and the conclusion to this thread will be done when they arrive!
Tidied the shed up today too to make use of the space given by these two vacs not being in it anymore!