The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Sebo X4 Cutting out  (Read 10987 times)

Offline brett83

Sebo X4 Cutting out
« on: February 17, 2015, 08:16:23 pm »
Hi,

I have a SEBO X4 coming in for repair on Saturday.  I've worked on these before, but never a motor repair. 

Customers concern is "Warning light indicates bag is full and cleaner stops after a few moments. New bag and two new filters fitted but problem persists".

I suspect there could be a blockage somewhere, but if there not I suspect a motor or thermal cut out switch on the motor faulty.  Has any one stripped one of these down before, what are they like to do ?

Thanks

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Sebo X4 Cutting out
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 09:23:35 pm »
If its anything like my old X1 (which it probably is) then their easy to take the main bits off and check for blockages. Never had mine cut out though.

I shared the link to this thread on the facebook group for vacuum collectors, and the first comment is:

I bet it is blocked, i had one similar 'I've changed the bag...' yes, but you missed the chunk of brick in the wand end....
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline macman

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 09:28:53 pm »
My first port of call would be the switch that operates the cut out when it detects that the bag is full. That, rather than the TOC, is presumably what is causing the warning light to illuminate, and them cuts the motor. Possibly a sticking or failing switch.
I don't know where the switch is on that model.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 10:34:18 pm »
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4YfVzZhLwvIVzBfQXUxcGNHbFk/edit?usp=docslist_api

Parts diagram for the x1 if it helps? X4 is basically a more domestic looking version anyway to look better sat in John Lewis...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline autovac01

• Woman in a man's world.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 04:05:56 pm »
In case you didn't know- all Sebo parts diagrams are available from their German website www.sebo.de

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 06:46:28 pm »

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration