The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson DC05 - Split hose  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Spudmeister

Dyson DC05 - Split hose
« on: February 14, 2022, 11:04:44 am »
Hi.

I have a Dyson DC05, the hose has split/parted near the the wand/handle.  I would guess that this is a very common failure with a straight forward solution but I have found little to nothing about this on the Dyson Forums.

The only remotely relevant and helpful information I have so far found has been this

Obviously the simplest (but not cheapest) solution would be to buy a replacement hose.  So I checked out Manchester Vacs and cannot find one.
OK next step - repair the hose ?  The above link shows what seems like a good solution - cut out the split section and glue on a new end fitting/'cuff'.  So off again to Manchester Vacs looking for a replacement 'cuff' .... no joy.

So I'm left with duct tape!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Offline macman

Re: Dyson DC05 - Split hose
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 12:42:01 pm »
Can you not re-use the original cuff after cutting the damaged section of the hose back?

Offline Spudmeister

Re: Dyson DC05 - Split hose
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 04:10:15 pm »
Hi
Re-use the cuff? possibly.

The hose is glued to the cuff and so far I have failed to separate them. To do so I may damage the cuff. Before commiting to that route I wanted to know if there is either a) a good way to do it, or b) an alternative involving a spare cuff.

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration