and once everything was washed, I grabbed the motor and activator parts out for re-assembly
Carbon brush holders back in
Grabbed the turbopower box out, and grabbed a new motor bearing
which didnt fit, and upon closer inspection q know who have sent me the incorrect ones on my last order, so I have 10 random bearings, and 10 less tp motor bearings than I thought
Sorted the box out to seperate them and carried them on
Found a new re-greasable one, topped the grease up inside it and slotted it on
sat the coil back onto the fancase
top ancilleries back in
Wires re-fitted, and a new cable tie fitted
Didnt change the top bearing, as it felt fine, and they are a pain to change (may be able to change them in future though, will elaborate on that when I get to it) so I left it for now!
2 fan washers fitted
fan was cleaner now
I popped into the shed, and found the remains of the sealent I bought to re-seal the sump on my girlfriends stupid bloody vauxhall...
un-plugged the nozzle
and ran a (thicker than normal as I cut the nozzle wide for the sump mating face) bead around the housing. It stunk alot more than it did outside...
Seems to be a nice seal. I left it infront of the radiator overnight to cure
Onto the activator now. I think the activator is a replacement part too, should be brown not blue, but it's in such excellent condition I decided not to care!
2 shiny new brushroll bearings fitted
and the activator is back together
Onto the main machine now
motor foam glued back into place
end mount onto the fancase
Grabbed the height adjuster after that though, as its easier to fit without the motor in weighing it all down
Wheels on top
I then couldnt find the spring for hell, so I fitted the brackets so they wouldnt get lost either and moved on
and the caps back on
cleaned this cap up to get rid of the paint
Onto the bumper next
A good ciffing to remove all the gunk and it slotted back onto the chassis
motor mount fitted into the chassis
and the motor slots into place!
Activator back in with a new genuine belt
Pivot points were greased up to avoid any more wear of them
the top half was sotted in behind the bellows and into place, after putting the reclining holding part in...
Spinal cord fed through
fitted the cord whilst there was still some slack before channeling it away
The bulb cleaned up nicely
I fitted the hood, then the baseplate
Top cord hook fitted
cord fed through
and wired up
wiring cover fitted
I fitted the handle wiring slightly differently, to ensure a good non sparky connection
Then pushed the handle body over that. The little palstic peg was missing sadly, so I improvised with a small screw with a nice head
refitted the switch
Bag door now, and the latch is refitted
Hinges were fitted, and the trunnion cover screwed in place
Bag fill tube back in place
The empty bag that came with the machine was previously used i think, and looked smeggy, so I found a nice new bag!
and finally, the bag door could be fitted!
Last night now, and I waved SWMBO off to work, Eva was at granny and grandads, so I taped up the decals on the machine
and got the rotary out!
Not all the damage came out, but the gloss and clarity came right back into the plastic!
Once polished and buffed, I covered it in a layer of wax and left it to haze
I found the height wheels spring under the sofa so fitted that
All the wax was buffed off, and she was done!
It worked much better after that!