The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC11 Canister cyclone spring loaded pieces  (Read 6473 times)

Offline dysonguy

DC11 Canister cyclone spring loaded pieces
« on: March 31, 2015, 02:31:18 am »
Hello There.
I found this forum whilst searching for some direction on the reassembly of my 11 year old Dyson cd11 canister cyclone.  I have disassembled and cleaned it. Now there are two spring loaded pieces of plastic that need to be re-assembled properly in order for me to carry on.  I understand the placement of the dogleg piece with the short spring. It's the long round ended piece with the longer spring that I can not for the life of me get back into place.  I'm assuming that it runs perpendicular to the dogleg and somehow fits inside the button that holds the dust bin onto the cyclone assembly.  I'm hoping someone on this forum may have been down this road before.
A pic is attached.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: DC11 Canister cyclone spring loaded pieces
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 06:24:51 am »
Someone on a car forum (who all know I like vacuums)  posted up moaning that the turbo head on their dc11 was not turning.  Talked him through the troubleshooting and asked about your issue (borrowed your picture too,  sorry!)  and he said

The wee spring doofer looks like the one that secures the clear plastic shell to the yellow inner part of the bin. Iits across the top of the main removable bit between the two cylinders just below all the whooshy yellow bits, if that makes sense.

Hope this helps!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 12:49:17 pm »
 :boggleeye:  whhaaat

Offline dysonguy

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 03:32:43 pm »
OK.  I'm trying my best to follow.  Can you describe the "whooshy yellow bits"?  Are we saying that this piece does not fit inside that yellow clear plastic cylindrical button, but over the top of it? Perhaps I'll give another try tonight and send some more pics.
dysonguy

Offline Liam158

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 05:05:47 pm »
Any one clear this up? Otherwise mine is going out the window haha

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 07:10:11 pm »
I'll see if I can get pictures of mine at the weekend if you like? It's still in the shed as it needs a floor tool and small tools, which are too many ££'s to make sense refurbishing or buying
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Liam158

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 09:10:43 pm »
Yes please beko that would be great

Offline dysonguy

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 05:20:27 pm »
OK. Here are a few pics that I took when I was finally able to get the spring loaded parts assembled.  I hope this helps. Good luck.

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration