The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Hoover Junior A  (Read 5036 times)

Offline Madrat

Hoover Junior A
« on: April 15, 2015, 10:19:03 pm »
After years of looking I finally got hold of a 1354A   ;) ;D

Needs a bit of TLC but was only £15 and just up the A5 in Walsall.

Wrong flex, no drive belt (sorted) motor bearings are a bit rumbly, might be OK after clean and re oil.

Bag has had it.

And handle release mechanism has worn, so you don't have to press peddle to pull handle back, quite common.

Bulb well gone

But all fixable, Finding a blue bag might be a problem though.  Still picks up  :))

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Hoover Junior A
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 11:59:53 pm »
Oooh that's beautiful! The cords easy,  at least theheadlight lens are in good order! Motor bearings are on eBay too iirc, I bought some for the 652 on there. Shame about the bag though.  I have a blue 1334 bag with a fully seized zip,  won't bin it though...

I had one once but dropped something on it in the garage and smashed the lens and blue hood.  Regret that now!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 12:01:36 am »
People have reported success with asda or wilko pygmy bulbs too!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 02:19:51 pm »
Got 2 bulbs for £1.45,  will just keep eye out for a blue bag, got my eye on some bearings, have another junior with shot bearings, bloody thing still works though. Handle catches still available on line.

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram