The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Miele S5510 - Restoration (repair) and refurb!  (Read 7501 times)

Online beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Miele S5510 - Restoration (repair) and refurb!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 06:55:47 PM »
That sounds about right,  the bearing would have jammed and then torm itself apart.  There are two bearings,  but if the other one feel fine you could just pop the cover off it then fill it with fresh grease.

Good luck,  hopefully it will work again for you.  For the cost of a new motor you may as well try!

Thanks for the feedback! you'll have your machine half apart to do it yourself now,  unless youve always used bags and its not too bad!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Storms

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 03:44:23 PM »
The bearing puller arrived today, so I swapped the bearing for a new one, put it all back together again..... and it worked a treat!

I bought this bearing off ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171718290401?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks to becko again for mentioning which bearing he used - i ordered the same one for 4... however, i was tempted by these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371347747801?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=640462168572&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
 which are a pack of 10 for 3.50. The dimensions seem to match; so they'd probably fit aswell.

Online beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 03:49:16 PM »
Excellent, glad to hear it worked!

Would you have use for 10 though? An old member of these forums told me this when I was wanting one part for one machine, having another 9 would be a bit pointless!

I have 8 bearings that will fit the brushroll of a Hitachi Powerhouse though, because i could only buy them in 10's! And keep the bearings from scrap dyson clutches as they fit one side of Amtek motors used by Hoover in the 1999/2000's.

You have probably saved yourself a good few hundred too in either a new motor or a new vacuum!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Storms

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 04:07:54 PM »
Excellent, glad to hear it worked!

Would you have use for 10 though? An old member of these forums told me this when I was wanting one part for one machine, having another 9 would be a bit pointless!

I have 8 bearings that will fit the brushroll of a Hitachi Powerhouse though, because i could only buy them in 10's! And keep the bearings from scrap dyson clutches as they fit one side of Amtek motors used by Hoover in the 1999/2000's.

You have probably saved yourself a good few hundred too in either a new motor or a new vacuum!

no i wouldn't have used 10... lightning never strikes twice!

Also the pack of 10 are from china... so would've taken ages to arrive and the house is well overdue a vacuuming as it is!

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Sebo Vacuum Cleaners

Dyson Spares, Parts, AdviceFollow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacson Google+

Manchester Vacs on Instagram