The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson DC11 turbine plunger  (Read 3921 times)

Offline chrisa

Dyson DC11 turbine plunger
« on: June 01, 2015, 02:30:30 pm »
Hi, I picked up a dc11 last week that I will be using around the house. The turbine was a bit stiff so I opened it up cleaned as much of the fine dust as I could out of it and put a drop of oil on the shafts. The brush roll is spinning nice and free now. However, there is a plunger on the side to disable the turbine from receiving air and is supposed to remain in the inboard position when the machine is on and the plunger is pressed in, mine doesn't stay in. I tried it on two other machines thinking that there may not be enough vacuum from the dc11 to hold the plunger shut but didn't have any joy. Anybody got any ideas how to remedy this?
Cheers Chris

Offline Angus Black

• Dyson Medic
Re: Dyson DC11 turbine plunger
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 03:27:35 pm »
Typically when these go faulty, you need a new head unit.

They can be stripped down, and I think I read a tutorial around here somewhere, but it is not an easy job.

The DC11 head is obsolete now, but the DC20 906565-30 will fit.

Offline chrisa

Re: Dyson DC11 turbine plunger
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 09:54:42 pm »
Cheers Angus, I took it apart the other day. I have just solved the problem. When i was trying the plunger the head was not in contact with the floor. When i tried it on the wooden floor the additional vacuum was enough to hold the plunger in. Silly me, could've ended up buying another when there was no need to. Thanks again

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram