The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC01 Bin Find  (Read 5976 times)

Offline Dyson2000

• Dyson Restorer and Collector!
DC01 Bin Find
« on: June 20, 2015, 07:48:54 pm »
Well found a DC01 at the tip today. the plug was cut off it, so i got my spare DC04 cable and modded it to work with the DC01. the kick plate was clogged, so i removed all the hair that was stuck and emptied the bin and gave it a test run. and it ran beautifully. now i have two DC01'S. What would you guys do take it apart and put the original bits on our old hoover or keep it intact and clean it all up.  :thumbsup:

ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: DC01 Bin Find
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 09:00:46 pm »
That looks mint.  Id refurb and keep that!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 11:29:50 pm »
What he said  :icon_nod:

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 02:07:20 am »
Yes!!! That is a late model and very good, lovely YDK motor in that and wihth the yellow serial number sticker being yellow etc too :P I had an Irish Dc01 like that, needed a new switch and worked lovely!.
 ;D
That DC01 is very good, it's in good condition as most late model Dc01's are (I really don't know why late DC01's are normally in fab condition lol)

Offline Dyson2000

• Dyson Restorer and Collector!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 03:35:59 am »
I like this hoover. But there is one part I hate. That's the sole plate. It's crap gets clogged alot (such as my nans dc01). And the adjustable head (I think). It wr
eks the suction compared to the (DA001 soleplate) ;D

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 12:46:20 pm »
Lol, not the best really, they always break but they have improved over the years :)  it's a great vacuum, shame that the suction is only 90 AW but then again it's pretty good for what it is

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 01:54:25 pm »
Its the general un-fadedness and non scabby stickers that do it for me! Even if it needed a new motor and brushroll it would still be worth restoring,  you just dont see the casings that clean anymore,  early or late ones!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

DC01 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration