I bought this from the car boot a year or so ago
A Coopers of Stortford CSW02A, which is a rebadged Gtech machine, as divulged by the ratings plate
Truth be told it's not that good. It's a sweeper, and I got bored of it pretty quickly and it's been kicking about in our porch cupboard for over a year. Works well enough, but I'd rather get a proper vacuum out even for small cleanups (or the DC16 which I got not long after this)
is the before video, and tbh it worked the same afterwards, just cleaner and shinier!
So, onto the stripdown (this won't take long, don't worry! Probably the shortest refurb thread I;ve written. No Dark Side of the Moon style epic thread this time I'm afraid!)
Dirt tray slides out
The clear trim on the edge pops out
Onto the underside now
and into the battery compartment
Wiring reference shot
Even the battery has been rebranded!
This bit of foam fills the gap that I imagine is taken up by a bigger battery on some models
The brushroll cover pops off anyway for maintenance without tools
Brushroll was full of thread and bits of carpet
The edge brush spins with the brushroll, and is removed by squeezing the tab
The brushroll fell out at this stage too
The edge brush splits down by squeezing the release tab
Next job is to remove the main cover
This rubber strip slides out
as do these small wheels
6 screws hold the main unit together
The comically long belt
The bottom of the handle falls out now as its held in with the main housing
and has a little sprung wheel in to lock it upright
The rear wheels fall out as well
The PCB is held in with 2 screws
Power switch unclips from underneath
Brushroll end cap unscrews
The cogs on the end of the brushroll pull off the spindle
And it's apart. It took me all of 6 minutes to wash it, and it dried within the hour, so went back together that afternoon! (think this happened on Sunday)
The brushroll is comically soft, it deformed under its own weight sat in the airing cupboard!
End cogs back on
End cap back on
switch popped back in
Electronics back in
This was quite tricky as the spring is really stiff
dropped into place
squeegee and wheels back onto the base
The housing was screwed back together, and the brushroll and edge brush snapped back into place
End cap onto the dirt tray
A good polish with silicone heavy car polish to shine up the green
And it's done!
I didn't do an after video, as I didnt want to get it dirty again, and tbh it worked about the same, maybe a bit smoother as I put a drop of grease on the brushroll spindles. Hopefully it's being picked up on Friday to go to a new home!
It certainly made a change after doing nothing but DC07s for the last few weeks!