The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC07 Refurb  (Read 16823 times)

Offline Dyson2000

• Dyson Restorer and Collector!
Re: DC07 Refurb
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 03:08:04 pm »
Found a DC07 Orgin at the tip but i never took it. i stole the cyclone and wand for the animal. if you are wondering why i didn't take it because its had a split kickplate, no brush bar, belt and no sole plate. clutch on it was broken and the hoover had an aftermarket black cable on it

just a wee bit of plastic broken off near the clip to remove the cyclone from the machine. its the wrong colour but its better than nothing i suppose  ::)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 03:31:54 pm »
Not bad, a good wand is £15 delivered from most places. The bit of damage on the cyclone is negligible too, nice finds!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 03:05:02 am »
Good man ;D

Offline Dyson2000

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2015, 01:42:58 am »
A wee update. this hoover has went to my papas to replace an crappy electrolux vitesse 1800w hoover. not a fan of it it was nosey as hell and it kept clogging alot >:(. i gave up with it and decided i give him the DC07 since i was not a fan of it. his old hoover went to the tip with all the other electrolux's there, so at least can hold hands when they get destroyed lol  :)). oh and they where no dyson's there bugger.

here is a picture what it looked like

what a pice of crap smaller than the DC01

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2015, 01:49:23 am »
Lol, I heard nothing but bad things about these anyways

Offline Dyson2000

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2015, 01:52:13 am »
 :grinn:

Offline Tech12

• Electrical Appliance Engineer / Trainer.
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2015, 08:00:15 am »
My friend has 1 of those & the only problem he's ever had with it, was the power cord breaking where it entered the machine. His old lady is a clean freak & she's happy with it. They had a Dyson before that & she found it too heavy, so they sold it & bought the elux.
Like anything, it has people that don't like it. If you look at the reviews though, there are a lot that do like them & find they work perfectly well for them.
Repairs to All makes of Small Commercial & Domestic appliance. Power tool repair.
City & Guilds and PAT qualified engineer.

Offline Madrat

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2015, 07:41:52 pm »
I've seen those in black badged as Zanussi, absolute rubbish, after 5 min, the filler is blocked, belts don't last very long ether.  And you need ear defenders  :boggleeye:

Offline Tech12

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2015, 08:20:19 pm »
 As I said like everything else, you get good & bad examples. You get people who dislike them & people who love them, if your comparing them to a Dyson then no the elux doesn't have the same build quality & won't last as long. Having said that, what does it cost ? About a quarter the price of a Dyson.
The belt on my mates machine has been changed once since they bought it & she has 1 filter on while she's cleaning the other, machine gets used daily & emptied regularly.
Repairs to All makes of Small Commercial & Domestic appliance. Power tool repair.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2015, 10:17:33 am »
It has a pleated filter. It could be the best designed, maximum airflow machine available to buy, but it's crippled as soon as you fit a pleated paper filter!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Tech12

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2015, 07:29:56 pm »
So It's the pleated paper filter that's the problem with them, so that would also apply to any vacuum cleaner that used them then ?. Several manufacturers do & yet don't seem to have any problems with them, a lot of elux users find them perfectly good cleaners so possibly not a problem with filter design.
Maybe it's got a lot to do with lack of cleaning / emptying on the part of the user.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 07:36:26 pm »
That is mainly the problem,  people dont clean them out every few weeks,  ehich causes it to grenade itself as the filter becomes so deep down clogged washing wont help it any more.

And of course its a flawed design,  having the filter in the bin.  Hence its long been superceded on all but the cheapest machines,  although ive seen many multi cyclonic vacs fare worse

Offline Dyson2000

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2015, 08:19:53 pm »
Yip  :thumbsup: the filter always got clogged on it. he never cleaned the filter. after a cupple of months using the hoover the filter got clogged. i couldnt get all the hair out and had to replace it!?

Offline Tech12

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2015, 06:37:56 pm »
You've just proved my point, you can't blame a machine or slate it as crap if the user doesn't carry out basic maintenance.

Offline Madrat

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2015, 06:57:52 pm »
Having to clean a filter after half a floor is not basic maintenance, its crap design.

DC07 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram