The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dyson DC04 Non Clutched - Back hose removal  (Read 3810 times)

Offline Clive H

Dyson DC04 Non Clutched - Back hose removal
« on: June 02, 2015, 01:14:51 pm »
I recently bought a number of spares to refurbish my trusty dyson, have fitted everything reasonably easily except I am having problems with the back hose. I have seen a video on Youtube which shows that all you have to do to remove the old hose is to press the release button at the bottom and pull upwards. However when I did this thee green plastic connector just slid up the hose and the hose stayed in place despite much wriggling and pulling is there anybody who can advise or is it just a matter of a more violent approach. What I'm worried about is whether the hose might be connected to something which I might break.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Dyson DC04 Non Clutched - Back hose removal
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 02:52:13 pm »
Violence.

Have you removed the banana shape pipe that takes the suction from the main machine to under the hose? Remove that first incase that's holding it in, if not then pull harder!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration