The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Dc23 new to site. Need help with power loss  (Read 3357 times)

Offline Occheermommy

Dc23 new to site. Need help with power loss
« on: August 05, 2015, 06:48:24 am »
Just got a new cordless dyson v6 and vac a 7x10 foot rug in my living room. The cordless canister was half full. Too bad I had run my canister vac that morning. Yuk!!!!! So need to know the best tune ups to check and filters to clean/replace to get it working better.
My husband is too familiar with removing the brush bar and cleaning it. I have very long hair and shed  like a dog so it is gummed up often. I also have a dc14 (+ ? Not sure if my daughter read the plus to me correctly but def a 14) I need replacement filters for. I thought u guys had a redesigned filter for that one bc I never knew I was supposed to wash that and when I found out about a year ago I found fine dirt or sand in the white part of the yellow holder. Is there a way to clean that or a different product that allows me to take it apart and clean it? I washed it for 20-30 min and tried soaking and I couldn't get that crud out of there.
Any help would be great.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
Re: Dc23 new to site. Need help with power loss
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 01:35:25 pm »
Try putting it in the washing machine see if that improves the cleanliness of the filter. Also, the belt(s) on the DC14 might be old and stretched out, a new one would improve the grooming of the brushbar. Additionally the cleaned head must be in contact at all times with the floor when you use it. If for example you tilt the vacuum back at around 25 degrees and the brush housing raises up you will need a new internal hose as they loose flexibility and the springiness to keep the brush housing held down.
Hope this helps ;D

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration