The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: re dc25 the ball not turning smooth  (Read 6323 times)

Offline bluebumble485

re dc25 the ball not turning smooth
« on: July 18, 2015, 08:23:21 am »
hi guys don't do many ball dysons at all
mainly dc33 dc14 dc07 dc08 etc ,I have  aball dc25 the ball is rough to turn nice machine apart from that
its something worn any ideas wher I should be looking before I strip and buying new parts thanks
 :thumbsup:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: re dc25 the ball not turning smooth
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 09:17:19 am »
Have you tried rotating the ball with the filter removed? If the filter doesnt fit properly it catches on the filter cover.

Failing that,  the big bearing on the ball may need a drop of grease,  or the smaller plastic bearing has worn away into nothing...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline bluebumble485

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 10:05:15 am »
great beko just had  aquick look it was the filter I thought bearing a bigish job
turned out 2 min job thanks to people on here many thanks ,I am sure I can help you back with something lol

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 10:10:33 am »
I had it with one ive got in for repair,  had to buy some new filters as both the ones i had popped out and jammed thr ball.  Test it by actually using the machine though,  mine would be ok before i started vacuuming the rug,  then pop,  catchcatch catch jam...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline bluebumble485

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 03:31:15 pm »
mine was  ajoblot one I looked at like my profile pic
nice machine ,the filter had just come out I have cleaned tested it now on sale £80 I hope thinking of ebay not sure yet
thanks for the advice

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram