The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: New member Beth  (Read 6072 times)

Offline Occheermommy

New member Beth
« on: August 05, 2015, 07:03:31 am »
I am new to the forum and am a bit of a Dyson fan. I currently just got me third. The cordless v6.
I also have a dc14 and I think the canister is a dc23 but don't hold me to that.
I'm looking for advice and I for on filter cleaning and replacement as well as general cleanup. These machines have been abused. The filters have been washed once. Other than that they have only been taken apart for brush bar clean outs. My 14-18 inch long hair tends to gum them up. Hubby is all to familiar with the brush bar clean up.
My family sucks at listening and thinks the vac can handles qtips, coins, and receipts. Plus tags from retail stores, tissues and cotton balls. Despite my protests to the contrary I am sure my units have seen more than their far share. So I'm just looking for some deep clean procedures that we can do. Maybe a few filter replacements so we can get these 2 working in great shape again. The cordless is brand new and I have been only allowing it used on a check out/in system so it is good for now. Dc14 and dc23 need the help.
Thanks all.

Offline Tech12

• Electrical Appliance Engineer / Trainer.
Re: New member Beth
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:53:53 am »
Hi Beth & welcome to the forum, the DC14 should be pretty simple to get back in full working order, plenty of info on here about it & all the parts available from Mvacs.
Never had a DC23 for repair but they're apparently a pain to work on.

Good luck: Andy
Repairs to All makes of Small Commercial & Domestic appliance. Power tool repair.
City & Guilds and PAT qualified engineer.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 08:57:11 am »
Vacuum off all the filters, then into the washing machine with the hoses (take the handle off the cylinder one if you can) and some towels, on a hot, long wash (I do 70 degrees for 2 and a half hours). Maybe do this when everyone is out as it does clunk about a bit. Then into the airing cupboard for a few days, try and strech the upright hoses out and keep them streched whilst they dry, it speeds things up.

Should come up like new. If any of the post filters dont, then you needed new ones anyway!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 11:45:11 am »
Hello  :tiphat:

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 01:29:01 pm »
Hi ;D Welcome! I'm sure you will like this site as the rest of the members do :)
I also have a DC14 and I think they are the most reliable Dyson, plastics hardly snap on those, but when thy do it's either the cleaner head or the main chassis, or the soleplate on the non clutched models
Mine is the animal, I would have sold it to get my DC41 Animal but it's an animal and the cyclone's not faded so not parting with it lol, it's really powerful.

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 01:29:45 pm »
PS I would love a V6 total clean (the red one) it looks well good! it's more expensive than the TOL upright  which is the Cinetic  Big ball though :o

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 09:33:14 pm »
So what happened? Did this OP get abducted by Aliens or what?
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Offline Madrat

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 09:39:08 pm »
lol

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 10:02:56 pm »
:))

Offline brokedyson290

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 10:54:16 pm »
Welcome!

Offline RustySkull

• Kirby, Royal, Sebo =)
    • RustySkull Productions YouTube
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 07:03:28 am »
Welcome!

Don't think she's still alive dude.  ::)
If You Like Machines, Radios and Cars As Well As Vacuum Cleaners Then Check Out The Official RustySkull Productions YouTube!
>>>>>>RustySkull Productions YouTube!<<<<<< >>>>>Twitter<<<<<>>>>>Instagram<<<<<

Dyson Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration