The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Hoover turbopower junior  (Read 11883 times)

Offline Madrat

Hoover turbopower junior
« on: August 09, 2015, 06:30:13 pm »
Got my first ever turbopower, well not yet, won it but it's in Boston £4.50 :boggleeye:  luckily we are going to Rutland water for 4 days at the end of August and will be taking a trip to Skeggy for the day and the seller is OK with holding on to it, Mrs Madrat just gave me the look  :underchair:  Has tools and instruction book  ;D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hoover-Turbopower-Junior-Cleaner-model-U1220-U1912-/231640247322?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=GPCUSjI2DuxblxBzZ%252BjyUzoprAU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Hoover turbopower junior
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 07:47:22 pm »
Very nice,  they work well once refurbed.  Will be from thr late 80s, early 90s. Mine is 1988 iirc...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 08:31:00 pm »
It's the only turbo I want to be honest and only because it has the junior name on it  :chuckle:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 09:17:58 pm »
Fair enough!

Watch for cracking around the bottom trunnion.  They do like to go there! I hope you find a rebuild thread around here for one...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog

Offline Madrat

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 09:21:06 pm »
You posted one didn't you?

I would just about kill for a hoover starlight  :D

Offline Madrat

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 09:24:46 pm »
Great link  :thumbsup:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 09:28:39 pm »
You know what,  I have a fair few starlight bits in the shed,  including a motor although i dont know if that works or not...

Got all the hoover service manuals from 1986 to 1997 if you ever need a scan of one!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 10:01:08 pm »
I will keep you in mind  :thumbsup:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 11:24:25 pm »
I thought I did a rebuild thread! Was hiding in my long forgotten about blog. Get more of an audience posting on here, and its so much easier than the blog editor!

http://oldhoovers.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/hoover-turbopower-junior-u1220.html?m=1

Must get it out for a spin one day!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 03:09:49 pm »
Well picked up the junior on Saturday evening and I thing the lady selling it has had it from new, it's in very good used condition and very well looked after. I decided to fire up the generator today and give it a try,  it works very well,  I will post some pictures when I get home.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 10:34:49 pm »
Excellent! Sounds tidy.  Always nice to get a backstory for machines too!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 11:08:30 pm »
Cleaned the caravan carpet and the fluffy rug really well, came with tools and lot's of bags.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 10:40:12 am »
I wouldnt expect anything less of it! Replace the belt and it should be even better!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 12:07:06 pm »
Most dyson and other projects are on hold at the moment, I'm sat waiting for delivery of a new shed for the bikes and garden stuff, Just told it was an am delivery between 9 -1  :D  :angryman:  :'(   Then the old shed has to come down, new one up, fitted out, painted electric fitted etc. Then I have to sort out my shed so I can get dishwasher in and then I can start on the dysons again.   Have to keep Mrs Madrat sweet sometimes  :underchair:

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram