The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: DC54 Cinetic: Wants a Motor Already.  (Read 11866 times)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: DC54 Cinetic: Wants a Motor Already.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2015, 08:25:48 am »
The knowledge gained sounds worth the £20 profit tbh.  Always got to start somewhere.  Who knows,  if it starts to be a big issue someone will make lower cost filters
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2015, 11:08:51 am »
What he said ^

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015, 11:45:56 am »
I would love to know what the cause of premature motor burn outs on the newer Dysons are, seen SO MANY DC33's burnt out, haven't really seen mnay suction losses on DC33's but instead they burn out, have Dyson gone cheaper?

My neighbours 33 blew up once, they only had it a year (it's about 2 and a half years old now) from new and now the new motor is fine, they use it a few times a day every day, but they have had suction loss since the new motor was replaced about a few months after that, the empty it when it looses suction only, like right up to the ducting but I told them about the filters and they do that now.

My DC40, which was probably not even 2 years old, looked alright in condition wise apart from a broken wheel, the motor was messed up completely on that, tried to get it running but it made loud noises with DC25 carbons and then got really hot after a few seconds and died completely. Crap quality, glad I have the warranty on my 41 though so will be using that and then probably sell it in about a year or 2 ;D

Offline Madrat

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2015, 01:57:04 pm »
Our DC04 burnt it's original motor out about 6 month after we had it, dyson replaced it under warranty and its still going strong 14 odd years later.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2015, 08:42:00 am »
I reckon some of it must be down to manufacturer faults. Like the cheap motors qtex sell, but a handful in a massive batch of gen stamped motors for Dyson.
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline heidi

• Luton
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 11:12:27 pm »
Yes please! I noticed the new Dyson motors are crap compared to older ones, DC33 motors, DC40 motors etc blow up all the time what the hell
for the past year Dyson actually change the motors in all of their vacuums all the ones they sell on the website now or have a new updated Panasonic motor which is also low wattage the meaning it last is a lot.

Offline heidi

• Luton
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 11:14:23 pm »
Kinetic cylinders actually do work really well I seem to be quite reliable but you do get people that pick up stuff with it that they shouldn't

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2015, 12:05:29 am »
Does that include the DC33? I never seen one with a Panasonic motor

Dyson Cylinder Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration