Dyson Models > Dyson DC01 (and DA 001)

DC01 Absolute+ - Repair, Stripdown and Refurb

(1/5) > >>

beko1987:
A while ago, I spied a nice DC01 Absolute+ on facebook for a tenner. Picked it up after work one day ages ago

Which had a mint wand!

But a grey cable and the brushroll housing looks REALLY odd with no writing on it

All quite nice, and I've started collecting DC01's now by accident. At the very least, it's the best DC01 AB+ I own at this present moment in time!

Until yesterday

Where I got this little thing for £10, the bloke mentioning that he doesnt think it works (had 2 of those this weekend, the other one is for another thread though...)

Highlights include:

Another mint wand

With OK Sticker on

Minty cyclone stickers

Mint cleanerhead sticker

Mint HEPA flap

Not so mint filter

AND a mint brushroll housing logo and sticker

Even a mint bumper

It was even made on the same day as the other one!

Even the brushroll and baseplate are good, with the rubber spring present and correct

Another bonus is all the tools!

The crevice tool is a bit triangular, but I have another one of those

So, the plan:

Take minty wand off the logo-less 01, and replace with a faded one I have in the shed. Put minty wand up in the loft for Another Day.
Refurb logo-less 01, and wash the filter.
Sell Logo-less 01 for hopefully £30-£35 and test the market for DC01's. This will then pay for the new one with change left over.
Refurb the Logo'd 01
Add it to the collection!

But, and this is a setback, the logo'd one DOES NOT WORK! It didn't have a fuse in it at first, so I fitted a working one and nothing. Have not progressed further yet, but the next port of call is:

Test the cable
Test the switch
Try a known working cable bypassing the switch if either of those are at fault
Look at the motor, but the machine shows no signs of being on fire, doesnt smell, the filter is actually fairly clean considering its probable age, so I'm hoping it will be easy. Once fixed, I'll turn this into a refurb thread as the machine deserves it, it's also NOT FADED!

Either way, I am one step closer to the full DC01 set. Even if it is the motor I do have a spare, so it's not all lost!

Parwaz7862:
That's one of the best DC01's I have seen in ages!

beko1987:
It is unusually clean! Hope there's not a catch somewhere...

Parwaz7862:
There shouldn't be as it's a lovely DC01! ;D

Parwaz7862:
It even has a halo on the top of the wand ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version