The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: How I repair DC04 Hoses  (Read 6232 times)

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
How I repair DC04 Hoses
« on: August 18, 2015, 08:46:48 pm »
I did a DC07 hose repair topic some time back, so here is the DC04 one.

I had occasion to put a DC04 hose back together earlier

As per the 07 one, the remains of the hose have been pulled out of the cuff using the finest* pliers

DO ensure the lower cord hook/clip is on the hose BEFORE you start (found that one out the hard way...)

The removal process is the same too, however you need to hold the cuff in suck a way that you can hold the cuff, screwdriver AND push the bleed valve button in

Voila

The bleed valve button pops off one side of the black ring, allowing removal for cleaning

The locking ring. I opted to leave this the  :censored: alone as it's a HATEFUL bastard if the springs pop out and do one FOREVER

The hose sits on top of the inner part, in an inferior way to the dc07, as it's not clamped externally. So, lashigns of glue, and push/twist until the end of the hose hits the stop. I then drip glue around the top join too.

Push the 2 parts back together and voila

Gonna let the glue set overnight and give it a medium pull test and see if it holds.
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

Re: How I repair DC04 Hoses
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 09:40:20 pm »
The locking ring. I opted to leave this the  :censored: alone as it's a HATEFUL bastard if the springs pop out and do one FOREVER

Oh yes been there, with spring ricocheting off the wall and the cat  :underchair:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 09:41:41 pm »
Its worse in the garden,  they ping off and land silently somewhere...
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Madrat

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 09:44:44 pm »
There are a few in the house that I have never found to this day

Offline Parwaz7862

• Dyson geek 😃
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 08:38:00 pm »
Lovely guide! I had to run tape over the end, thickly and push it in hard, crap way but worked.
And if something goes missing just vacuum the area and empty it out onto a surface

DC04 Spare Parts

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram

Registration