The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: 1980's Bendix 7159 Washing Machine  (Read 25576 times)

Offline Madrat

Re: 1980's Bendix 7159 Washing Machine
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2015, 07:57:35 pm »
Have cured my dribble problem, amazing what a bit of aquarium grade silicone can do  :))  the door seal is not like others, its flat and fits over a metal rim, now weather it is supposed to have some sort of clamp (like most other automatics) or due to wear, the water was seeping around this bit of the seal so I squeezed in a small amount of silicon fitted the seal and cleaned up. tried it today and its bone dry  :thumbsup:

This is a video of the motor going fro rinse into spin, its a bit dark but you get the idea.

Offline Madrat

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2016, 09:10:25 pm »
So last week I decided to re spray the Bendix, a quick rubdown and a lot of masking off later and it was ready for painting, problem was I had no paint  :D  so a quick trip to Halfrouds for a large can of white.  There were some runs and blemishes but this was never going to be a concourse machine so I found some left over vinyl stickers and then raided Mrs Madrats card making draws to produce this.

IMG_20160607_174910 by Madrat, on Flickr

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2016, 10:14:41 pm »
Nice!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram