I took this in part exchange for something a while ago, took £5 off which they were happy with.
I was quite happy with this, until 2 days later I saw some broken ness
The middle wheel holder was broken too
I put it in the shed, ready for the next tip run, however 2 weeks later, we did a car boot, and I chucked it in the car in the hope I got my fiver back. It didnt sell..
However, when everyone was packing up, I had a wander round again, and with a one in a million change spotted an identical black one!
for 50p, as the seller said he didnt think it worked! Score I thought
So, lets have a better look at this horrible plastivac
The red one had a broken bin flap
A cracked hose end
The black one was more battered body wise than the red one
The black one was an SU3364
with an in tact bin flap!
and a better cable.
black one is missing a cord hook but has the dusting/upholstry tool which the red one didnt
So, lets start the stripdown, and save a machine that doesnt really deserve to be saved!
I'd put the filters and hose through the wash in a previous load, so they didnt need touching
The post filter sits behind a cover
Crevice tool and extension wand come out
missing tool procured from the black one
Was a bit peaky
Hose off and to one side
The hose from the black machine is undamaged so I pinched that
Identical, but different shades
The top handle came off easily as the screws were already loose
top cord hook comes out
Onto the base now
baseplate comes off eventually, being stuck on with crap
Brushroll wasnt too bad
However, the end caps didnt twist off, or prise off very well
Came off easily with some help though
The other end had the bearing in a removeable holder rather than being fitted straight into the brushroll
Some gentle tapping from behind with the axle and a hammer got them out
The other end has the bearing straight in the brushroll end
The bearing taps out of the white holder
Belt was good, despite it being sat for a while and distorting
Two plastic blocks either side hold the chassis to the brushroll housing
The internal hose is held in by this plastic block
once released they can be fully split
The middle wheel snaps out
Ah yes, the break...
back with the black one, and a quick fiddle later...
The height adjuster rotates to a keyed point then falls out without the middle wheel assembly holding it in
Release pedal snaps out of the lower chassis
lower chassis is empty
Back onto the main machine now, and the internal hose prises off the little holder bit eventually
Some screws later and the motor housing comes apart
I noticed at this point that all the parts were labelled
The motor was clean, which was nice
armature is clean too
The main chassis splits in half
The cyclone-hose seal comes out of the chassis
The lower cord hook is removeable now
The light was fading by this point, so the pictures display a marked reduction in quality, apologies for that!
Switch pops out from behind
Hose holder/joiner bit is held in by a screw
Onto the cyclone now
I stripped both down together, as I needed parts from both. One broken and one not broken bottom flap
Seals removed from the good bottom flap
The 'cyclone' is held together with 3 screws
The end was in sight, the sun was nearly gone, but I noticed that the two bottom flaps were VERY different...
Turns out, the whole cyclone bin and flap were different, very different. So I quickly stripped down the cyclone from the black one to use, and found...
an orange sock! Must be why the seller thought it was broken (the motor ran very nicely indeed)
All was washed and polished, and put back together
Starting with the cyclone
top cone screwed back in
and everything else just clips back together!
Hose doo-dah back in
Wired back up with the good cable from the black one
Lower cord hook back in
Got a bit carried away and refitted the motor, and put the 2 halves of the chassis together
height knob and release button refitted to the hood
and the hose hooked up underneath
middle wheel re-assembled
Brushroll back together
Rear wheels refitted
Handle screwed back on properly
and she is done!
I've put it up on a few facebook sites, and will take it to the car boot on sunday if I still have it. I kept the good motor from the black one and tipped the rest to get some space back.