The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Replacing/obtaining motor Supressors - Knowledge me up!  (Read 50740 times)

Offline Madrat

Re: Replacing/obtaining motor Supressors - Knowledge me up!
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2015, 09:49:04 pm »
oh matron    :chuckle:

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2015, 09:54:44 pm »
2.5mm, hopefully enough room to get multiple cables in
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Tech12

• Electrical Appliance Engineer / Trainer.
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2015, 10:24:20 pm »
oh matron    :chuckle:

Aha so it's Hattie Jacques you have the hot's for  :boggleeye: :tiphat:, I like big girls but she was a bit too much for me ;)
Repairs to All makes of Small Commercial & Domestic appliance. Power tool repair.
City & Guilds and PAT qualified engineer.

Offline Tech12

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2015, 10:32:11 pm »
2.5mm, hopefully enough room to get multiple cables in

I normally keep 8 & 10 awg. 10 awg equates to 2.5mm or 5.25mm sq so you should be fine.
Repairs to All makes of Small Commercial & Domestic appliance. Power tool repair.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2015, 10:34:04 pm »
There were 3 sizes,  I picked the middle one!
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline Tech12

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2015, 10:52:29 pm »
They should be great for what you want. For crimping them, use the Blue terminal indent on the crimper & crimp twice. Once at the upper end of the tube & once at the flare.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2015, 09:15:47 am »

They turned up! Did have an old coffee jar in mind but I'd need another 9 packs to fill it up I think, will have to find a smaller receptacle for them!

Can finish the MC-E44 now and get it advertised!

Offline Tech12

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2015, 09:27:48 am »
Excellent: If you have a Buyology anywhere near you, they do a small single compartment box for 99p that should fit them all and fit your toolbox. Pound stretcher do them as well.

What I normally do is keep a small multi compartment box with a good selection of connectors in my Site bag and another in the van kit so i've always got plenty of crimps out on site. Then a big double sided connector box in the workshop to re-stock from, i used to go through a fair amount of connectors when doing repairs & re-furbs of machines so always keep plenty.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2015, 04:09:56 pm »
I have an existing pack of crimps,  used enough now to make one or 2 empty and fill them upi use the poundland compartment trays,  got one for dyson bits and one for Hoover bits.

Offline Tech12

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2015, 04:20:47 pm »
Unfortunately we haven't got a pound land down here that I know of   :snivel:  so can't go there. Did you buy a terminal kit to start you off or make it up yourself ?. You can often get some good bargains with terminals on eBay, just be careful to look at the specs if available.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2015, 10:40:33 pm »
I bought a kit.  Still got all the ring terminals left,  but after fitting a few car radios have no bullet connectors or spades left,  only a few butt joints (snigger)  too.

If I bought again Id just buy certain  bits,  dont want more unused crap  around!

Offline Tech12

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2015, 11:45:26 pm »
That's the problem with any kit, you usually get stuff you don't want or need. When I first started doing repairs, the guy teaching me gave me a terminal kit. It had the terminals that he used the most & apart from additions to go with more modern equipment has served me well. Doubt you need it but will post a list if it helps.
Ring terminals are rarely if ever used for vac repairs, but come in handy for other appliance repairs or auto electrics.

Offline Madrat

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2015, 07:26:48 pm »
I bought a kit.  Still got all the ring terminals left,  but after fitting a few car radios have no bullet connectors or spades left,  only a few butt joints (snigger)  too.

If I bought again Id just buy certain  bits,  dont want more unused crap  around!

;D you said butt  :))

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2015, 07:27:51 pm »
Giggidy

Offline Tech12

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2015, 07:50:07 pm »
You pair are butt obsessed. :icon_nod:

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram