The World's #1 Vacuum Cleaner Advice, Repair, Discussion & Information Forum

Author Topic: Am I the only one?  (Read 5637 times)

Offline bward

Am I the only one?
« on: September 11, 2015, 12:39:20 am »
Who is holding my Dyson stick together with Duct tape?  Man!  Almost all of the connections are brittle and chunks of plastic have broken off requiring me to duct tape the pipe section end to be tight enough to stay together. I must say that I am very careful with this vacuum to the point of being dainty with it but still it falls apart. However, the one real weak area of the whole machine ( being the flip top lid hinge) is intact.  Just last week I was determined to find out Whyyyy the machine continues to turn it self off after a few seconds, over and over again. It seems like once it warms up some then its more stable.. Whyyyyy can't the manufacturers make an on off switch that stays put? It is so annoying to have it stop all the time.  So anyway, It seems that washing and drying the clean looking filter has no affect so I go to the website and one of the suggestions is to remove the cup and clean out the wind tunnel thingy. Ok, so I look for a clip to open the cup and finally spot it. Using my fingernail I slide the clip, the cup pops open and 2 pieces of plastic, one containing the spring mechanism for releasing the cup, and another pea size piece falls onto the counter. ( enter curse word)  Turns out that this little piece of plastic is holding the entire dust cup to the machine. Now I have to duct tape the cup across the bottom of the cup along the battery to hold it in place. But now to empty the dust cup, I have to remove the tape and the whole thing falls off leaving a pile of dust all over the floor...( enter curse word)

I do have to say... I love this machine. ( when I am not hating it) It is used every day for small jobs but its not even 2 years old and it already needs replacing. It was over 500 dollars and its shot?  My question is, does anyone else have trouble with brittle plastic connections, clips and parts?

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
Re: Am I the only one?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 08:24:08 am »
What machine is it?
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline bward

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 03:07:52 pm »
DC 35

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 05:10:26 pm »
Aaah.  Doesnt surprise me tbh,  I knew i stayed away from them for a reason! Is it still under warranty?
Collector and restorer of vintage vacuums, Dyson Appreciator! Come and see my blog, where I am uploading all my mountains of brochures, manuals and other vacuum cleaner paperwork, and also my youtube channel @beko1987!

Offline bward

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 02:57:10 pm »
I sent Dyson a picture of the broken clip and they are sending a new cyclone...  No company has better customer support... ever.

Offline beko1987

• Let's take it apart!
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 03:01:20 pm »
Thats a good result then! Dont forget,  Dyson are only good at cs aftersales support because they have to do so much of it...

Trade Dyson Spare Parts

Dyson Spare Parts

Freestanding Dyson Cordless Vacuum Stand

Buy a Dyson DC04 Wand Handle

Buy a police truncheon

Instagram

Dyson Spares, Parts, Advice   Follow us on Twitter

Manchester Vacs on Instagram